The Road to Elle nominated me for this award. I am honored to be nominated. I love Elle’s blog, from her title, to her posts. She has been an example for me to look up to and an inspiration. If you don’t already follow her, please look her up. You will love her as much as I do. I met her here, at WordPress. Thank you, Elle, for your gracious nomination.
I ‘resurrected’ my Word Press account this summer. It had been largely inactive since I first joined. I have been following other blogs. I look forward to their posts, the peeks into worlds that are not mine. So..in no particular order, I would like to nominate the following:
My current favorite is ‘Convergence’ Haiku has been a favorite form of poetry for many years. As an 8th grader, we had to write and illustrate a book of Haikus. I had such fun writing them. It took practice to follow the syllable count. Lize does an excellent job.
I am on a poetry ‘jag’. I can’t pick a favorite. Each one is a gem.
Staying true to my love of knitting, Karen is a fellow knitter. She posts delightful things about knitting and life. I can relate to many of them.
Yarn, pencils and so much more! A talented yarn craftswoman-spinner, knitter, designer. She blogs about her life, and she is always ready with an encouraging word for a fellow blogger. I treasure her posts, and love her photos. I consider her a friend.
And my final nominee…
I have been owned by cats for most of my life. I also love dogs. Seven Cats and counting is full of stories and photos of both. They brighten my day, and the stories are such a kick to read.
Each of my nominees is someone I check in on whenever I am here at WordPress. It is too difficult to pick just one favorite. Picking just one of anything is something I am unable to do. I would suggest you visit each of these places, and savor their posts. Settle in with your favorite drink and enjoy.
Nominees get some questions and Elle gave me some questions to answer:
- What’s the first indulgence you’d buy yourself if you won the lottery?
- What’s your favourite comfort food?
- Aside from writing, what are your hobbies?
- What kind(s) of music do you like to listen to?
- What’s the most important thing on your bucket list?
- What’s one thing about blogging or blogs that annoys you?
- In your personal opinion, what is the most annoying sound in the world?
- What time is bedtime for you?
- Do you have a ‘signature dish’ that you make for dinner guests or when it’s your turn to cook? Tell us about it! (Bonus points if you share the recipe! Ha ha!)
- Have you ever fallen in love with a place through a book or photo? Have you been there in real life, and if so, how did it compare? If not, do you plan to go?
- Which of your personality traits would make you hard to live with?
- Lottery winnings…first indulgence? A house! I am a renter, and a house would be nice. Especially if the lottery winnings insured I could get all the help I needed to decorate and maintain it.
- Favorite comfort food…Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.
- Hobbies..knitting (although it is more than a hobby and with the onset of arthritis in my hands-a medical necessity) reading and gardening. I love to read, and have a Kindle full of books to prove it. The Easter bunny left me a Nancy Drew book in my Easter basket when I was 10. I have been an avid reader ever since. Gardening is something I enjoy doing, but a proficient gardener I am NOT.
- Music-I rarely listen, but do enjoy the oldies. I usually listen to an audio book.
- My bucket list-travel…I want to explore my world. I have lived my whole life in one town-a beautiful town-but one town. I want to explore.
- Blogging annoyances- Formatting! I am lousy at formatting.
- Most annoying sound in the world: Several things are vying for my attention on this one. I am thinking, thinking, thinking. The winner is the door or window, loose shutter-anything that bangs in a windstorm. It is too windy to fix it, and you have to listen to it until the wind quits.
- Bedtime: I work a 3-11 or swing shift. Bedtime is anywhere from 12:30 am to 2:00 am. I have to wind down after work.
- My kids are grown, I am a single woman now, so no recent signature recipes. There was a time when I cooked everything. I would say homemade soups were my favorite things to cook. Borscht or New England clam chowder were favorites.
- My daughter spent 6 months in Ireland. I fell in love with it from her pictures and stories. I come from a rich Irish Heritage. I haven’t been there yet, but I want to go. It’s another bucket list thing.
- My annoying personality traits: I hate house cleaning. So, I am a bit of a slob. I think that would make me annoying to live with. I am also a night owl, and night owls usually end up with early birds.
Now I have questions for my nominees
I look forward to your answers.
- Where do you live?
- What do you love about your town?
- What do you hate about your town?
- What is your favorite color or colors?
- If you have an unexpected day to yourself, what do you do?
- What are your favorite books? Name one, name 10
- Name one place in the world that you most want to see & why.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- What speaks to your heart? I realize that different things speak at different times, but what speaks to your heart?
- Close your eyes, concentrate on your favorite scent-what is it?
Now there are rules for this award-
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post). Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or the original one if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).